As many of you know, my children spent their Thanksgiving Break at their dad's, so I was on my own. As always, here's this visit's Top Ten:
1. You can celebrate the days off you are about to have by going out to dinner with a coworker because you don't have to pay for a sitter AND you don't have to bring your kids along.
2. You can host a 40th Birthday party for your friend and not worry about guests being too noisy or being up too late.
3. Said friend can enjoy herself fully because she does not have to drive home because you have empty beds.
4. Following the gathering, you can clean the house from top to bottom and it actually STAYS CLEAN!
5. You can volunteer to help those in need longer because your children are not with you, so they are not getting bored and whiney.
6. When you get disappointing news, you can take time to really nurse your hurt feelings because you don't have to be "on" for your children and they aren't there to see you sad.
7. You can spend an entire day on the couch watching stupid, mindless TV because no one is fighting you for the remote AND you don't have to set a good example!
8. You can accept a last-minute invitation for drinks out with friends because you don't need a sitter ~seeing a theme here~ *winks* and you don't have to get up early with the children the next day.
9. You can eat what you want, when you want, because the children are not there wanting 3 meals a day!
10. You can start your Christmas shopping. Which I actually didn't do, except for a few small things, because I was not organized enough to have my children write lists before they left for their dad's!